Saturday, November 7, 2009

Worth The Money Mongoose Domain Men's Mountain Bike


I bought this bike for my son (and yes, myself) that the moderate use of intermediate trails in Colorado. Colorado is well known as a bicycle / low active outdoor place there are many shops around the bike and get all recommend the most expensive bike (from $ 500 and is in thousands). For my budget, spending a few hundred to a few years instead of paying a few thousand at the front is much more preferable. But because of the riding we wanted to do was to get something at least halfway decent - not some Huffy or our local Wally Mart. I am 5'11 ", my son is 5'7", this bike (26 "wheels, 18" frame) is perfect for both. It also considered the most expensive bike Goosey in the Amazon, but his comments were terrible, so I decided in this regard.

Arrival:
First was the double box, 4 days after being sent into the Amazon. The box was torn on one side of the pedal to go and, of course, a little less wear. A little disappointed, I opened the box expecting the worst, but the damage is only aesthetic. You need a few tools and a couple of hours to do together ... Many pieces are placed in the box upside down so they can fit in a small area without damage (brakes / handles) and almost everything that has been mounted in bulk and requires Lubinga / hardening. I am not by any means an expert on cycling, but may have 2 hours to assemble and put right. Although the manual is generic (refers to bicycles, but not specific), its very useful to get this done correctly.

First trip:
The aluminum frame / wheel bike really change the light and are awesome. The bike was based on land / mountain roads without any problem. Sources are still new, I think they are more severe than normal, but the seat was not uncomfortable and all I found the trip very well.

Conclusion:
I only owned the bike for a week, now they can not speak for longevity, but to update my review, if everything goes opponent. Therefore, the bike is fine and great. Well worth the money.

6 months later the review:
The bike is still in good condition and remained until at least a half-dozen hiking trails (excluding the use of the road). The suspension is a little steep, but better. Take note of something: The brakes have been adjusted to be twice .. (it takes about 2 minutes each time) .. in the last 6 months. Once the string is released and had to return. From time to time, but if the rear wheels and slide switches in the same time, the wheel is back to normal. All this seems very low and using a normal bicycle. And .. if the bike is $ 130, is a godsend.

No comments:

Post a Comment