Sunday, November 8, 2009

Domain Squatting Explained

Only one thing annoyed me most about the subject domain name if you are a new website providing you with the names of books I will come to the most is a domain name that. Even more annoying is that this is a site that the domain name or cyber squatting is used to squatting name.domain are not for, without using any one who intend to register domain names have been mentioned would be, the another, personal use of the website domain name.

Let me give an example, recently I came with an idea of the site and there are multiple areas that have been ideal, keyword1keyword2.com many versions, so I checked to see if they are available. I find that the good names I think would be perfect to take. Two domain names are redirected to a generic search page which main purpose is to make money from direct type-ins.

There is a difference between domain squatting and domain parking, and this difference is intent. When you register a domain with the intention of them in the future for a particular purpose in relation to the domain name is parked in the domain. When you register a domain with the sole intention of reselling or people always have money, the revenue for the registration of the domain name of the domain, then squats.

As I already said that it is not illegal, unethical only a free market economy and people are motivated by profit. I disagree with the squatting area, it forces webmasters like myself to use domain names that are far from perfect, that side of the domain name, the name was not the first choice. It also misleads internet users to a site should be connected to the keywords of the domain name internet less friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment